The City Clerk is responsible for provision of administrative and clerical duties in support of the City Council and Mayor.
Mission Statement: To provide support to the Mayor, City Council, and the City Manager, while connecting the citizens of Beaufort to their local government by managing the official records in an efficient, professional, and timely manner in accordance with State and Local Laws, while striving to improve distribution and accessibility.
- Maintains the City of Beaufort Code of Ordinances.
- Attends all Council meetings and disseminates the minutes of each meeting.
- Ensures that Council meeting notices and agendas are provided to the news media and the public.
- Disseminates agendas and minutes to Council.
- Maintains lists of members of all City Boards and Commissions, including terms and seat requirements. Notifies Mayor and Council of upcoming vacancies and expiration of terms; advertises and receives resumes/applications for vacancies.
- Prepares letters of welcome for the Mayor and proclamations for the Mayor’s signature and other correspondence.
- Assists the City Manager with special projects.
Contact the Clerk's office to obtain copies of resolutions, meeting minutes, and other official documents of the City.