Application & Renewal
Except for a Group Event Business Licenses or a Temporary Contractor's License, a company's initial business license is valid from the time they begin operations through December 31st. Every year thereafter, the license requires annual renewal.
As a courtesy renewal forms are emailed or mailed to the address on file. The City also publishes a public notice on the City's website and social media sites.
All resident applicants will be required to submit the following documents and complete applicable zoning requirements:
- Accommodations Fee Reporting Sheet (If Applicable)
- Annual Business License Application
- Articles of Organization (if Applicable)
- Business Personal Property Tax Form
- Copy of Driver's License
- Hospitality Fee Form (If Applicable)
- South Carolina Profession Occupation License (If Applicable)
- South Carolina Retail License (If Applicable)
All non-resident applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
If your business is a commercial location and you are a resident applicant, you must get zoning approval by submitting a Zoning (Safety) Application.
If you are a home-based business, you will need to submit a Home Occupation Application.
If you are a short term rental business, you will need to submit a Short Term Rental Application.
Other Requirements for Specialized Industries
The City values its businesses and offers the following discounts:
- If you are a resident or non-resident business and your business license is renewed by March 15th (normal due date to renew is April 15th) a 1.5% discount is applied to your license fee.
- If you are resident business and have been in operation for five years or more, and remit your renewal fee by March 15th you are entitled to an additional 1.5%.
- Businesses have a potential to receive a maximum 3% discount.
Business License Renewals are due on or before April 15th. Failure to remit your renewal fee by that date will result in delinquent penalty fees.
Monthly delinquent fees will be added to all business licenses. The following penalty stages are accrued monthly:
|April 16 to April 30
|May 1 to May 31
|June 1 to June 31
|July 1 to July 31
An additional 5% penalty will be assessed on the 1st of every month thereafter.