Application & Renewal
Except for a Group Event Business Licenses or a Temporary Contractor's License, a company's initial business license is valid from the time it begins operations through Dec. 31. Every year thereafter, the license requires annual renewal.
As a courtesy, renewal forms are emailed or mailed to the address on file. The City also publishes a public notice on our website and social media sites.
All resident applicants will be required to submit the following documents and complete applicable zoning requirements:
- Accommodations Fee Reporting Sheet (if applicable)
- Annual Business License Application
- Articles of Organization (if Applicable)
- Business Personal Property Tax Form
- Copy of Driver's License
- Hospitality Fee Form (if applicable)
- South Carolina Profession Occupation License (If Applicable)
- South Carolina Retail License (If Applicable)
All non-resident applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
If your business is a commercial location and you are a resident applicant, you must get zoning approval by submitting a Zoning (Safety) Application.
If you are a home-based business, you will need to submit a Home Occupation Application.
If you are a short-term rental business, you will need to submit a Short Term Rental Application.
Other requirements for specialized industries
The City values its businesses and offers the following discounts:
- If you are a resident or non-resident business and your business license is renewed by March 15 (normal due date to renew is April 15) a 1.5% discount is applied to your license fee.
- If you are resident business and have been in operation for five years or more, and remit your renewal fee by March 15, you are entitled to an additional 1.5%.
- Businesses have a potential to receive a maximum 3% discount.
Business license renewals are due on or before April 30 of each year. Failure to pay your renewal fee by that date will result in delinquent penalty fees. A 5% penalty fee will be added to all business licenses on the 1st of every month until the business license is paid.