William "Bill" Prokop was named Beaufort City Manager in April 2015, after previously serving as interim city manager and director of the City’s Human Resources department.
- Oversees the accomplishment of the goals established in the Strategic Plan
- Addressing Budget and Revenue challenges
- Cultivate and encourage sustainable economic development opportunities to achieve City Council goals.
- Developing engineering and construction plans to address storm water, flooding, and rising sea level issues that will affect the city as well as improving our facilities infrastructure.
- Continuing efforts to improve customer service and City staff's ability to share information with the community
- Insures public safety and emergency management are a City priority
Prior to joining Beaufort's senior management team, Prokop was Assistant City Manager/HR Director for the City of Keene, New Hampshire, from 2008 to 2014. In Keene, Bill was responsible for the Community Services Portfolio which consisted of:
- Human Resources departments
- Human Services
- Parks and Recreation
- Youth Services
He also developed and managed a strong Risk Management program which was regarded as one of the top three in New Hampshire out of 434 municipal and school members.
From 2002 to 2008, Prokop was Town Administrator for Antrim, New Hampshire (NH), where he directed development of the Master Plan and the Town's first Tax Increment Finance District.
Private Sector Experience
His private sector experience includes working as president of Graphic and Office Products, Inc. (Dahle USA) in Peterborough, NH, from 1984 to 2002; and various positions leading up to Vice President and General Manager at Berol Corporation (Eagle Pencil Company) from 1967 to 1984.
Prokop earned his bachelor's degree in business management from Bryant University in Providence, Rhode Island and did graduate studies at the University of Bridgeport (Labor Management) and the London School of Business in England (International Finance). He is a long-time member and certified participant in the International City/County Management Association and the International Public Management Association.
Bill and his wife, Pamela, live in Beaufort. They have three grown sons and seven grandchildren.