Metropolitan Planning Commission
The Beaufort - Town of Port Royal Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) is a six-member board. Two of the members are appointed by the City Council; two members are appointed by the Town of Port Royal Town Council; and two members are appointed by the County Council. The MPC has the following powers and duties:
- Prepare and periodically revise the comprehensive plan
- Review and take action on street names
- Review and take action on cluster development
- Review and make recommendations on Planned Unit Development master plans;
- Review and make recommendations on public projects
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council in regard to amendments to the text of the Beaufort Code
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council in regard to amendments to the Official Zoning Map
- Review and approve preliminary subdivisions plats for Major Subdivisions.
Project review applications for the Metropolitan Planning Commission can be downloaded here.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
If you have any special needs due to a physical challenge, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at 843-525-7011.
- 5:00 p.m.
- 3rd Monday of every month
- Beaufort City Council Chambers
1911 Boundary Street
Beaufort, SC 29902
- Michael Tomy, Beaufort (Chairman)
- Jim Crower, Port Royal
- Judy Alling, Port Royal
- Caroline Fermin, County
- Jason Hincher, County
- Bill Bardenwarper, Beaufort
NOTE: Deadlines for applications are a minimum of 4 weeks in advance. Scheduled dates for review of applications are dependent on the number of applications received.
|Monday, January 13, 2020|
|Wednesday, February 19, 2020|
|Monday, March 16, 2020|
|Monday, April 20, 2020|
|Monday, May 18, 2020|
|Monday, June 15, 2020|
|Monday, July 20, 2020|
|Monday, August 17, 2020|
|Monday, September 21, 2020|
|Monday, October 19, 2020|
|Monday, November 16, 2020|
|Monday, December 14, 2020|
- All proposed projects are required to be submitted to the City of Beaufort Department of Planning and Development Services at:
1911 Boundary Street
Beaufort, South Carolina 29902
- Documents must be to scale, collated and bound by folding/stapling each set
- Important: A project will not be reviewed if the applicant or representative is not present at the meeting
- Submit 6 hard copies of all documents submitted (1 full-size, 5 half-size) and digital copy of all documents
- The applicant fee includes the advertising and administration fees