Beaufort's proposed 2021 Comprehensive Plan builds on these previous works:
Vision Beaufort 2009 Comprehensive Plan
The Vision Beaufort 2009 Comprehensive Plan was the first such plan to focus on infill development. It also highlighted implementation strategies to ensure recommendations had a clear path to being accomplished. See 2009 Comp Plan here.
Land Use Framework Plan
The Framework Plans, produced as part of the Vision Beaufort plan, provides a more fine-grained approach to land-use policy recommendations. The plan is structured to suggest patterns of growth that are constructed in a manner consistent with our existing, historic fabric with a well-connected street network, diverse housing, access to nature, mixed-use activity centers, and a highly walkable urban block structure.
Civic Master Plan
That document was supplemented by the 2014 Civic Master Plan which took a closer look at specific projects and strategies at a lot, block, neighborhood, and city-wide scale. Both documents ensure that land development fulfills the following goals:
- Beautiful, stable neighborhoods
- A sustainable economic base
- Convenient access to services and destinations
- Attractive community gateways and corridors
- A fair, consistent, and accountable development process
- Preserving natural resources, while balancing protection with public access
- Balancing preservation of our historic heritage and compatible redevelopment
See Civic Master Plan here.