The Planning Commission is a seven-member board. The membership of the Planning Commission at all times includes not less than four (4) members who are licensed either as architects, landscape architects, attorneys, civil engineers, urban planners, or licensed contractors. All members of the commission will be residents of the City of Beaufort, and/or property owners within the City of Beaufort, and/or own or operate a business within the City of Beaufort. The Planning Commission has the following powers and duties:
- Review and approve, approve with conditions, or deny all major subdivision sketch plans.
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council regarding amendments to the text of the Beaufort Development Code.
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council regarding amendments to the official zoning map.
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council regarding amendments to the Comprehensive Plan.
- Review and approve, approve with conditions, or deny major site plans as per the requirements of Section 9.8.2, and delegate to City Staff all other site plan approvals not stated in Section 9.8.2. of the Beaufort Development Code.
- Delegate preliminary plat, and final subdivision plat review and approval to City Staff.
- Review and make recommendations to City Council regarding proposed annexations into the City.
- Consider the Northern Beaufort County Regional Plan and Growth Area in any review and approval as defined.
Agendas & minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- 5 p.m.
- 3rd Monday of every month
- Beaufort City Council Chambers
1911 Boundary Street
Beaufort, SC 29902
(To be determined)
Only digital submittal of all documents is accepted now. You may also view the meeting schedule in document form. Scheduled dates to review applications depend on the number of applications received.
Written comments for any project before the board must be submitted by noon (12 p.m.) on the business day before the meeting.
If you have any special needs due to a physical challenge, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at 843-525-7011.
|Monday, January 8, 2024|
|Monday, February 19, 2024|
|Monday, March 18, 2024|
|Monday, April 15, 2024|
|Monday, May 20, 2024|
|Monday, June 17, 2024|
|Monday, July 15, 2024|
|Monday, August 19, 2024|
|Monday, September 26, 2024|
|Monday, October 21, 2024|
|Monday, November 18, 2024|
|Monday, December 16, 2024|