EFFECTIVE MAY 1ST
In an effort to better serve all our customers, beginning on Monday, May 1st,
the City of Beaufort Building Codes, Business License, and Planning Offices
will offer walk-in traffic from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Staff will continue to be available by phone and e-mail until 5:00 PM.
We appreciate your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience.
Business License Stabilization Act Legislative Bills #3650 and #3651.
Click here to see how you can be impacted should these bills pass.
Approved and Adopted December 20, 2016
To view more Amendments to the Business License Ordinance, click here.
** Please Note - Time between Approved and Adopted Ordinance may vary for Municode publication **
Who needs a business license and How do I obtain one?
- What codes and ordinances am I required to meet?
- What information will I be required to submit?
- Are there any other special requirements for a business license?
- Will I be subject to any other City fees or taxes?
- Are there any incentives for new businesses?
- How can I contact other agencies?
You can find the answers to the above FAQs by clicking here.
What information will I be required to submit?
All new resident business license applicants will be required to submit the following:
Business License Department
1911 Boundary Street
Beaufort, SC 29902
(843) 525- 7025