BEAUFORT, S.C. (March 20, 2020) – In concert with Beaufort County, and all other municipalities in the county, the City of Beaufort has announced the following emergency procedures, effective Monday, March 23:
- All City offices will be closed to the public.
- Transactions will be conducted online. Payments can be made online (www.cityofbeaufort.org) or via mail (1911 Boundary St., Beaufort, SC 29902).
- Some employees will be working in offices; many will be working from home. Phone calls and emails to city offices will be answered during business hours.
- All public safety personnel will work their normal shifts and schedules.
- Beaufort City Hall will have drop-off boxes in the lobby for plans and permits to be left.
- Community Development (Planning Office) has enlarged its online Dropbox to accept larger files.
- Building, Fire, and Code enforcement activities will continue as normal with social distancing applied to all interactions.
In addition, the City Council Work Session and Regular Meeting scheduled for March 24 has been canceled.
The City of Beaufort urges all its residents and businesses to practice social distancing as we all work to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 virus
Visit the City of Beaufort website and Facebook page for updates on the City’s response to COVID-19.