The new Beaufort Code is an update of the Unified Development Ordinance. The most recent draft was published January 26, 2016. A public review schedule will be posted on this website by the first week of February.
Download the January 26, 2017 Code Draft
Download the January 26, 2017 Zoning Map Draft
*Please note that the zoning map does not include recent annexations; those will be added in the next several weeks, and the map will be republished
View list of Public Comments updated at on January 26, 2017 along with how those comments were addressed in the most recent Code Update.
For previous Public Comments, and previous code drafts view the Downloads. page.
We anticipate the public review process, with the Metropolitan Planning Commission and City Council, resuming in late February or early March. Sign Up for our newsletters so you can be informed about this process,
Give us your Comments: This form (in the link at right) will help keep all of the comments organized and ensure that none are missed during the process. All comments will be coordinated by City staff and reported to committee members on a weekly basis. If you are unable to use the form please send us an email or call our office with your comment - 843-525-7014.
Public Review Schedule:
*all meetings are at City Hall - 1911 Boundary Street
Public Information Meetings:
- Monday, Feb. 13 at 5:30pm - Public Meeting
- Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 10am - Developer-Specific Public Meeting
- Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 10am - Public Meeting at the regularly-scheduled Neighborhood Improvement Team Meeting
- Monday, Feb. 20 at 2pm - Public Meeting
- Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 5:30pm - Public Meeting
Metropolitan Planning Commission Meetings:
- Monday, Feb. 20 at 5:30pm - 10 Minute Overview at the regularly-scheduled meeting
- Thursday, March 2 at 4pm - Special Work Session #1
- Tuesday, March 7 at 4pm - Special Work Session #2
- Thursday, March 9 at 4pm - Special Work Session #3 *tentative
- Monday, March 20 at 5:30 pm - Regular Meeting
Technical Review Committee:
A review committee, comprised of the following members of the City's various Boards and Commissions, met 9 times at the start of the code process. No further meetings are scheduled, however the committee may be consulted as questions from the public arise.
- Metropolitan Planning Commission - Bill Harris & Tim Rentz
- Historic Review Board - Joel Newman
- Design Review Board - Brian Franklin
- Zoning Board of Appeals - Joe Noll
- Redevelopment Commission - Jon Verity
- City Council - Councilman George O'Kelley, Councilman Phil Cromer