The Cultural District Advisory Board is an advisory steering board that has been created after the South Carolina Arts Commission approved the City of Beaufort as a state designated Cultural District in November 2015.
This board is composed of organizations and individuals who represent the interest of the District. The organizations serving on this board for developing the District and continue to well represent the interest of the District are: Beaufort History Museum, Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce, Historic Beaufort Foundation, Santa Elena History Center, and the University of South Carolina-Center for the Arts.
- Bonnie Hargrove, Chairperson, USCB-Center for the Arts
- Megan Meyer, Santa Elena Foundation
- Jacque Wedler, Historic Beaufort Foundation
- Carol Lauvray, Beaufort History Museum
- Robb Wells, Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Linda Roper, City of Beaufort – Staff Liaison
- Mary Jane Martin, At-Large
3rd Thursday of the month, 2pm – City Hall, Planning Conference Room, 1st floor
The Beaufort Cultural District is a walkable section of downtown that encompasses a wide array of
arts and cultural venues, organizations, businesses and events.
To learn more, click on the logo below.