Beaufort Redevelopment Incentive Program
To increase the occupancy of empty/vacant commercial buildings, encouragement of greater development and density in Beaufort’s downtown, encouragement of student housing and affordable housing, and encouragement of annexation of property into Beaufort’s city limits.
The program will reimburse property owners for city taxes that are associated with the owner’s redevelopment of their property in the following ways:
- Occupancy of certain previously empty/vacant buildings
- Development of a downtown property
- Development of student housing
- Development of an accessory dwelling unit
- Annexation of property into the city limits
To read the City Code concerning the details of the Beaufort Redevelopment Incentive Program, please click here.