We, the members of the Beaufort Police Department, are committed to being responsive to our community in the delivery of quality services. Recognizing our responsibility to maintain order, while affording dignity and respect to every individual, our objective is to improve the quality of life through a community partnership that promotes safe, secure neighborhoods.
That the citizens of Beaufort will feel safe in all areas of the community, work together to solve community and neighborhood problems, and have a high level of respect, trust, and confidence in their police department.
We, the employees of the Beaufort Police Department, believe that providing superior service to the citizens, merchants, and visitors of Beaufort is our primary responsibility and that all of our work should be structured with that goal in mind. We further believe that in meeting this goal, we shall be responsible to decisions made by the City Council, City Manager, the Police Chief, and the citizens ofBeaufortCity. In order to achieve and maintain superior standards in our work performance, we are committed to the following values:
- Concentrated planning and decision-making involving employees’ participation to the greatest extent possible.
- Excellence in the delivery of services to the citizens, merchants, and visitors ofBeaufortCity.
- Consideration for the importance of the employees and recognition of individual contributions and initiatives.
- Energetic in the pursuit of proficiency and responsibility in the performance of our work.
- Integrity and honesty in all aspects of service.
- Discussion and information shared in a constructive open and supportive manner.
- Impartial treatment and opportunity for all employees.