As is required by local, state and federal laws, the City of Beaufort participates in the effort to reduce the waste stream into our landfills through recycling.
Recycling is now serviced every other week. To find out your scheduled day of pick up, first click here for a street by street listing of your pick up day. This will inform you if you are a "Monday A", "Monday B", "Tuesday A", or "Tuesday B" pick up.
You may also click here for a map of the scheduled pick up days.
Please see below a listing of recycling items that are acceptable in your recycle bin:
- Aluminum & Steel cans
- Clear, Green, Brown Glass (Must be rinsed out)
- Newspapers, Magazines, Catalogs
- Fiberboard, Paperboard, Corrugated Cardboard (Must be broken down)
- Plastics 1-7 (Must be rinsed out; see below a listing of what is considered plastics 1 through plastics 7)
- Plastics 1 is PETE (soda/water bottles).
- Plastics 2 is HDPE (milk jugs, juice bottles, detergent bottles, etc.).
- Plastics 3 is PVC (food wrap).
- Plastics 4 is LDPE (grocery bags, bread bags, squeezable bottles).
- Plastics 5 is Polypropylene (yogurt cups, ketchup bottles, straws, etc.).
- Plastics 6 is Polystyrene/Styrofoam (disposable cups, plates, etc.).
- Plastics 7 is everything else made of plastic.
You can contact Waste Pro by calling 843-645-4100 or by clicking the appropriate item below:
**Note: If you live in the Town of Port Royal, please click here for any requests/compliments/complaints.***