Please be advised of the following changes in RDC meeting dates & times for the remainder of 2017.
- November 21, 2017 at 7 p.m.: Cancelled
- December 5, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.: NEW DATE/NEW TIME
- December 19, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.: Cancelled
We will return to the regular meeting schedule (3rd Tuesday at 7 p.m.) in 2018.
The City of Beaufort established the Beaufort Redevelopment Commission to renovate, revitalize and regenerate distressed areas of Beaufort. The Redevelopment Commission's mission is to lead a coordinated strategy of redevelopment and design, strengthening the City of Beaufort as:
- The heart of economic development for Northern Beaufort County
- A prosperous place for business and institutions: and
- An attractive urban environment for residents and visitors.
The Beaufort Redevelopment Commission is charged with researching and recommending redevelopment projects within the City of Beaufort; coordinating, reviewing, recommending redevelopment plans for projects to City Council; facilitating negotiations necessary for the execution of redevelopment plans; and overseeing project implementation.
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month at 7PM, usually at the Beaufort City Hall Planning Conference Room - 1st Floor, 1911 Boundary Street. The public is invited.