BEAUFORT, S.C. (March 2, 2021) – The City of Beaufort Municipal Court will resume court sessions on Monday, March 15, with Covid-19 guidelines still in place to help minimize risk to court participants.
Courthouse administrative offices are open from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Defendants are encouraged to contact the court before their court date for information regarding reductions in fines or diversionary programs; call 843-525-7036. Defendants are also encouraged to email proof of compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect when appearing on your trial date?
A check-in station will be set up outside the Courthouse near the disability-accessible entry. The docket will be checked to ensure you are on it and your temperature will be taken.
- Face masks are required to enter the courtroom.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in force.
- One defendant will appear in court at a time.
- City staff will wear gloves and face masks.
- If paperwork is required after court, it will be emailed or mailed to you.
If you are ill, please contact the court team at 843-525-7036.